Saturday, February 16, 2013

Florida Public Records Request

This past Tuesday,I emailed the following message to the Sheriff:

Sheriff Tim Brown
Holmes County Sheriff's Office
211 N. Oklahoma Street
Bonifay Florida 32425

Dear Sheriff Brown,

I emailed a Florida Public Records Request to your office, which Jeana Prescott (prescottj@holmescosheriff.org via eigbox.net) acknowledged on Jan. 26, 2013. I agreed to pay the actual cost of duplication of the documents and requested a written estimation of any additional expenses. I requested that these records be available by February 4, 2012. To date, you have neither supplied the requested information nor advised me why my public records request is being denied (Chapter 119 requires you advise me in writing and indicate the applicable exemption to the Public Records Act). Do you intend to supply the public records requested as required by law or not? Thank you.
Sincerely,
Joe Keegan

Not. The Sheriff still hasn't replied to either my Florida Public Records Request or my follow-up email.

No comments: