Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Senate Judiciary Subcommittees

Monday, Dec. 22, 2008, I emailed Sen. Leahy and faxed the senate Judiciary Committee and Subcommittees the following message:

December 22, 2008

Chairman Patrick J. Leahy
United States Senate
Committee on the Judiciary
224 Dirksen Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Fax: 202-224-9516

Re: FBI Oversight- Please associate with my Dec. 11, 2008 letter (USPS # EH 222975937 US)

Dear Chairman Leahy,

I appeared as summoned at the Holmes County courthouse (FL 14th Judicial Circuit) Friday morning, Dec. 12, 2008, for jury duty. I was prospective juror #37. After Clerk of the Court Cody Taylor explained the procedures, he asked if anyone wanted to talk to the judge about being excused from duty. I raised my hand. I intended to present the judge with evidence of my charges in his chambers. Taylor called a one half hour recess and called me over to him. He told me that the judge doesn't want to talk to me and said that I'm excused. This is the same courthouse in which another judge earlier declared a mistrial in my neighbors’ drug case that I referenced in my December 11, 2007 letter to FBI Director Mueller. The judge dismissed the case because the State Attorney and FDLE withheld evidence and testimony. I suspect that the withheld evidence would prove my charges.

The above is representative of all state officials’ responses to my charges and why I am requesting the Senate Judiciary Committee’s help. No Florida politician will intervene on my behalf. My situation is not unique. The Patriot Act just legalized what various agencies have been doing for years, and there are no effective checks and balances to the inevitable abuses. The recent DOJ policy changes regarding information sharing between federal, state, and local law enforcement only makes it easier to cover-up such abuses on all levels. If you have any questions, please contact me and I will answer any questions that you may have and provide you with whatever additional information that you may require. Thank you.

Sincerely

Joe Keegan

No comments: