Wednesday, August 29, 2007

OAG's Open Government Mediation Program

Dear Attorney General McCollum,

I pasted in below a copy of my Florida Public Records request, dated December 16, 2006, that I sent to the State Attorney's Office in Panama City. I also faxed a copy. The USPS verified its delivery on 12/19/06 at 3:20 PM. On former Gov. Bush's suggestion I forwarded evidence of illegal electronic surveillance by the FDLE and Holmes County Sheriff's Dept. to my State Attorney. I never heard from SA Meadows; however, ASA Lewis eventually replied to my earlier FL PRR. The response that I received to my 12/19/06 PRR was totally inadequate, consisting only of some of my earlier correspondence while omitting material evidence that I had sent, such as a January 5, 2001 letter from William S. Rimes, WFEC Executive VP & CEO, and email from another party. There was also no mention of a VHS tape, a crucial piece of evidence, that I sent to SA Steve Meadows. Electronic surveillance experts described the recorded audio phenomenon as indicative of electronic surveillance. Furthermore, there's no indication that either Mr. Meadows or Mr. Lewis questioned former FDLE Commissioner Guy Tunnel, who was employed by SA Meadow's office at the time, as I requested (Former Gov. Bush had forwarded my complaint at the time to then FDLE Commissioner Tunnel). The SAO didn't supply anything that could even remotely be described as a case file, which would serve as the basis for Mr. Lewis' Dec. 6, 2006 letter.

I hope that you can help. If you need any additional information or have any questions, please contact me. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Joe Keegan
Bonifay, FL


CERTIFIED MAIL RECEIPT # 7006 0810 0005 0531 0903


PUBLIC RECORDS REQUEST


December 16, 2006

State Attorney's Office
421 Magnolia Avenue,
Panama City, FL 32401,
Attention: Erica Field.
Fax: 850-747-5863

Pursuant to Article I, section 24, of the Florida Constitution, and Chapter 119, F.S, I am requesting a copy of my entire closed case file, which Mr. Lewis referenced in his letter, dated December 6, 2006. In his letter, dated December 6, 2006, Mr. Lewis wrote: "Dear Mr. Keegan, All inquiries by this office have failed to substantiate any of your claims. Absent any credible evidence this office is closing our file." I am requesting any and all documents, records, memoranda, correspondence, Internet emails, and notes and records from any telephonic discussions related to Mr. Lewis' "inquiries." I am requesting any and all records and memoranda regarding the State Attorney Office's review and findings of the VHS videotape that I submitted as evidence of illegal electronic surveillance by Florida law enforcement. In addition, I am requesting a check of the State Attorney Office's public contact databases, including Internet email, and requesting printouts of these records, i.e., intake forms, Internet email, and tracking documents for postal correspondence.

I will contact your office within one week to discuss when I may expect fulfillment of my request, and payment of any statutorily prescribed fees. If you have any questions, please contact me. Thank you.

Sincerely,


Joe Keegan
Bonifay, FL

No comments: