Monday, August 21, 2006

FDLE Case # 2006-CC-11 selectively edited by FDLE Executive Investigations to cover-up

As previously posted, the Director of Investigations, Office of the Chief Inspector General, forwarded by letter dated July 3, 2006 my June 26, 2006 letter to FDLE IG Al Dennis and advised me on July 3, 2006 that she had forwarded my letter. Suspiciously FDLE Inspector Wilmer first contacted me in the late afternoon of that same day. Although material to the FDLE's so-called "investigation," neither was contained in the FDLE's response to my previous Public Records Request for the case file for FDLE Case # 2006-CC-11. So, I pasted in this mornings new PRR to see what FDLE IG Dennis did with them.



FLORIDA PUBLIC RECORDS REQUEST

Pursuant to Article I, section 24, of the Florida Constitution, and Chapter 119,F.S, I am requesting the following:

1) Any FDLE case file or record containing a copy of Dawn E. Case's letter, dated July 3, 2006, by which she forwarded my earlier letter to Gov. Jeb Bush, dated June 26, 2006, to FDLE IG Al Dennis. My June 26, 2006 letter specifically refers to a videocassette that I wished to present as direct evidence of illegal electronic surveillance by Florida law enforcement officers. Althougth both these letters are material to FDLE Case #2006-CC-11, neither one is contained in the documents that you provided in response to my PRR # 2006-641 requesting a copy of FDLE Case # 2006-CC-011. I am requesting a copy of these letters forwarded to FDLE IG Al Dennis by the Director of Investigations, Office of the Chief Inspector General, and any and all files, reports, documents, memorandum, and e-mails associated or releated to these two letters.

and,

2) A copy of any document, transcript, computer print-out or record which indicates the date that FDLE Case #2006-CC-11 was assigned its case number by the FDLE and the corresponding dates that FDLE Cases #'s 2006-CC-09, 2006-CC-10, and 2006-CC-12 were assigned their case numbers.

Should you deny my request, or any part of the request, please state in writing the basis for the denial, including the exact statutory citation authorizing the denial, as required by s. 119.07(2), F.S.

I will contact your office within one week to discuss when I may expect fulfillment of my request, and payment of any statutorily prescribed fees. If you have any questions in the interim, you may contact me at 850/547-2254 or by email. Thank you.


Sincerely,
Joe Keegan
Bonifay, FL 32425

No comments: